Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It is the little things, indeed

It is Wednesday and it’s a bleh day, yes nothing going on, stressed about the holiday’s and all the stuff that needs to be done before they arrive. This is the one year where I have not done much yet, so need to get gifts, and write cards and pack and prepare documentation – yes we non alien residents always have to prepare documentation when we travel, because you never know what Immigration will ask for at the point of entry when we are coming back. It is all overwhelming and stressful, last night; I left the office at 6 pm, got home at 6:50 or so with a throbbing headache. So there was no gym, or nothing, it was cold out, so I stayed in and pondered. This does not sound like me you say, well indeed it does not, when have I stayed in voluntarily, never, except that I was already in my pj’s by 8, listening to the food network and wasting time online.

But this morning I open the Washington Post and read that there is going to be a new Mexican Restaurant in town, it will be called “Casa Oaxaca” and it will be in Adams Morgan. Suddenly all the worries fade away, because it will be run by the same people that run Guajillo in Arlington, and that alone is a promise of real Mexican food. Yum, yum, yum, I mean real Mexican food, not Lauriol Plaza Mexican food, not fancy over priced Rosa Mexicano food, no Taco-Hell imitation food, but real Mexican food. It will be open for Valentine’s day next year and you betcha I am having a date with myself as soon as I can get myself down to 18th street to patronize my people.

As usually this piece of news, will keep me going for a couple days until I either get my shopping done, finish what I am doing for work or start mailing cards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! you know we'd like to eat there with you... if it wasn't for the ocean that will be separating us for a while. But I expect a full review here in the blog, ok?
Now go do your shopping already!!
-Mamafutbol

Anonymous said...

Went to Gaujillo for the first time just a few weeks ago. It will not be my last visit! Great food and friendly service.