Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Unhappy morning


I had some funny storied, but I forgot them instead will tell you the little problems I faced this morning, riveting I know:

1. Don’t you hate when u have not put on your contacts, and realize too late that the plastic shower liner is outside of the tub, and not inside, and that you have made a mess of the bathroom, hours after the cleaning lady had cleaned it? It happened to day, as I was happily shaving away away – I have been shaving since I am 12, so I can do it with eyes closed hence the lack of contacts in the shower – I realize that the both shower curtains are on the outside, which mean a little sea of water awaited me as I stepped out to put on my contacts and realize my stupid mistake. Argggggg

2. Hate coming home late from a last class graduation party, having to park all the way around from you usually park and then have to walk to your car in the morning carrying, a bagel, coffee and your work bag under the rain? Yes another beautiful way for me to start my day.

3. The today show, I turn it on to check the weather but always manage to waste 30 minutes of time following a story on random things such as how to trim your Christmas tree, no pun intended, I know how to trim see above note on shaving, I am too lazy to do it, that is a different story all together, or an interview with Mohammed Al-Fayed. This 30 minutes mean that I get in at 9 and not 8:30, but today because someone was building something in McLean, it meant I got in at 9:30, wasting a total of 1.5 hours driving. To top it all off, no interesting NPR story to post about, how fair is that ?

On other news yesterday was the 475 anniversary of the appearance of the Virgin of Guadalupe – do not be afraid, this is not another religious posting – and mention it because officially in Mexico at least this means the end of the year or what we call the Bridge “Guadalupe-Reyes”, in Spanish when we refer to this bridge we mean the month between the 12th of December and the 6th of January, when the holidays are celebrated, and nothing, gets done. So as of today we should all be going to parties, getting in the spirit of the season (yes that includes Taylor and the Scientist) and just merrily stop working till we all come back in January and try to go to the gym at the same time.

1 comment:

d-town said...

watch news channel 8 for the weather instead of the today show, they do it every 5 minutes, it seems, and the morning show is so bland and straightforward you won't get distracted from getting ready.

i'm much better about being in the office earlier now that lifetime is showing the nanny at 8 instead of designing women. I love my DW!