Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Forgetful Knitter


Last week I worked in DC, mostly because the 4th fell on a Wednesday and it made no sense to come here for 3 days only, and because I was going to State College for the weekend. Friday morning, I had to go get some results from the Dr, and then go to the DMV and then pack for both trips. I thought I was being crafty and packing well in advance. I put everything for PA in one bag and everything for Wilkes, on my usual roller bag. So that is that, I go to State College, have a terrific time -see the Argentine’s blog for more details- and come back Sunday. We go to dinner, and a movie (Transformers, very enjoyable, very, a tad bit long, but cute) and go back home to pack up my laptops and the little things. I even manage to go to bed at 11, which gives me 5 hours of sleep.

Forward to Monday afternoon, when I check in to the hotel, and sushi in tow, I start unpacking and getting ready for my Monday routine of sushi, bad TV, and sleep. I finish dinner and start unpacking, everything looks good, pants, underwear, workout clothes, shoes, shirt, one polo … I mean 1 polo and 1 shirt, shit, I only packed 3 shirts, which means I have nothing to wear Thursday, and then I start looking for socks. They were no where to be found, no socks whatsoever. The worse part is I remember having them in my hand and putting them in the bag. Looked in the other compartments, nothing. Looked in the computer bag, nothing. I had forgotten them. So I go where I had never gone, Kohl’s and look for a shirt and socks. I just bought the later, I mean the shirts there were horrible and the smallest size was medium, and I am 5’3” people, no shirt in that store even remotely fit me, except as a sun dress. So went to the hotel, had a shirt washed and pressed and now I have 3 new pairs of navy socks, at least I managed to bring both my nave pants in this trip. Sheeeesh!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. POOR. DARLING. Those socks are hideous. Well it is better than the time I went to my cousin's wedding and forgot a toothbrush and ALL my makeup. Thank God for CVS otherwise I would have gone to the wedding stinky and ugly!

Anonymous said...

You are invited to visit my new blog. Go to this link if you want to knew it: André Benjamim Thank you. Embrace.

Healthy Living said...

Hilarious that "the knitter" has no socks. Ironic, even.