Tuesday, October 23, 2007

If I have to walk one more block


NY is a city of pedestrians, and I had always thought that I was a walker. I like to walk and I am infamous for parking far away from my destination and walk around an entire neighborhood. But NY is different. Last week, I was going out with the co-workers to dinner and we walked here and there, and back and then we walked some more and finally got to the restaurant. Of course after dinner there was some more walking.

When I got back to the hotel and called the Argentine, it finally struck me. I was tired of walking - I have been tired for 2 weeks now. It was like a rebellious stance, where the driver in me, worse the commuter in me, had just decided that there was no way I could walk another block. Of course the next morning I walked to work and walked to a show and even walked back to the hotel, but that was cuz I had no cash to pay for the cabs, and because I had dessert with my dinner and thought it better to just walk and at least burn some calories.

I never thought I would say this, but I miss my car and I miss not having to walk everywhere, specially where there are all these slow tourists and people everywhere crowding the sidewalks and walking like they were on a a procession or something, instead of late for work.

There I said it, aghh I became an angry New York pedestrian in all of 2 days. Hey at least it will help me no gain more weight ? Maybe,please,,,

No comments: