Thursday, October 25, 2007

The worst bed in the bed ... not



After three nights at the Hotel in the East Side (a Ramada) which was not as bad as they reputation puts them, I can now say that the worst bed in the world, is that bed that they advertise everywhere the Tempur-pedic bed. Let me explain it feels like a block of foam, and you just kinda lay there and it does mold to the body shape and all that, but I can still not get out of my head the fact that I feel like I am sleeping in a foam mattress and that just doesn't suit me. My bed back home is firm, and no pun intended, i like firm beds. So this whole being absorbed in to the bed felt so unnatural to me, also I read at night just before bed - do not listen to the Argentine who will say that is not the case - when I am traveling it is nice to read before bed, cuz it relaxes my otherwise high strung mind and allows me to sleep without the aid of Tylenol PM. Anyhow so this is the main problem with this bed, it is just designed to sleep, not to read on it.
Because the mattress adopts your body form it is hard to read, because there is no support, so I ended up rolling around, and moving this way and that way and finally had to lay on my back and read with the book above my head, but then my arms get tired of holding the book, it doesn't help that I am reading a hard cover. So yes this bed is not made for reading, that is for sure.
On the other hand as weird and alien as the material seemed to me, at first I thought what kind of cheap ass bed is this, one does really sleep in it well. Even today I managed to sleep in till 7, decided to skip the gym, since I have a 20 block walk to the office and hauled my sorry ass and my bags to the office in the middle of the rain and the wind.

No comments: