Monday, November 26, 2007

Craig’s list works !!!

I am going to let the Argentine blog about thanksgiving in detail; I am just going to say it was wonderful. A four day weekend full of fun, food and cleaning, doesn’t happen every week, and I can say that by the time Sunday night came, I was tired, but extremely satisfied with all the progress we had made, and the food we had cooked, the little shopping, but to top it all, Craig’s list made us three miracles. As you all know the previous weekend we had posted 3 items to be sold, and I had never sold anything like this, so I was afraid no one would be interested, and that the adds would be forgotten by new adds posted after we posted ours. Well it was not that way at all, here are the three miracles of Craig’s List:


1. Friday morning this dude calls and asks about the Futon, I had had calls for the entertainment center, but not for the futon. We were having breakfast, considering what to do that day, and someone calls for the futon. We arrange a time, the dude needs to get this car someone is going to lend him. Finally at the time convened he picks it up and pays almost the price we set. Someone else had emailed about the frame, and some other person had called enquiring about it.


2. Tuesday of this week, a get a call at work about the Entertainment center, a monstrosity that I inherited from the two previous inhabitants of my abode. The guy was going to pick it up Saturday at 11, which created havoc on my schedule, but I decided to sacrifice 30 mins of swimming. Friday night, we start to take it apart and it gets damaged. Anyway it was a large piece and had so many nuts and bolts and pieces that even with out best drawing efforts, putting it back together would have been a pain. Then on Saturday he called saying he was running late, and we had brunch plans and things to do the rest of the day so good riddance. I proceeded to go to Brunch at Tabard Inn and loved it.


3. Saturday night, at dinner, I get a call from someone interested in the one piece I never thought would sell, the microwave stand. It is ugly, and the Microwave in it is old and useless. I thought that one we are going to have to eat. And dismantle and take to the dumpster. Well no, not at all. A girl called and said she was interested. We called Sunday and arranged for a pick up time, at said time she came, and paid the price and took it away. I even tried to give her the oven for free but she already had one. On Sunday I got another email enquire about the stand, so if she had not liked it, we had another buyer.

See the List works ! I am now one of its most devoted believers. So remember next time you need to sell or buy anything, just go to craigslist.

No comments: