Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A most read


First of all, I want to say I have been buried in work, I have not stopped for the last 2 weeks, my neurons are burning as I type this. But I am still here. Today I wanted to post about one of my favorite magazines, it is the Atlantic, I know, I know, you are going to call me a political wonker and all that, but it is one of the best magazines I have ever read - I love the New Yorker, but lets face it who has the time for a weekly, so a monthly is as much as I can read. It's articles are very insightfull, verye well researched and usually they forsee situations that very fewpeople think will actually happen. One of the most reads for any politically inclined person that reads this blog is this month's number. It is their State of the Union issue and it has articles on:


The Atlantic's State of the Union

What, after Iraq, are the problems most urgently confronting us?

After Iraq

No Country for Young Men

Inside Guantánamo

First, Kill All the School Boards


The best line so far is “In the first place, God made idiots,” Mark Twain once wrote. “This was for practice. Then He made School Boards.”, from the article on education.

Priceless I know.

No comments: