Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Update

This past weekend turned out to be a very positive one, I went to the UMBC swim meet, and I hate that pool, I will say this up front because I do, but even if the location is not my favorite, I still had a great time. I managed to swim almost all my events (lot my gogles in the 100 fly and did not finish the race) but I even managed to swim the 500 decently and that made me happy. I had forgotten how much fun it is to compete, even if I am the fat and slow one.

Of course I had forgotten how tiring it is, to be in a meet all day, I had no energy left Saturday. I was exhausted, completely, I could barely move. It is amazing how competing makes you so much tired than regular swimming. I think I barely swam more than 1000 yards Saturday or Sunday, but both days I felt like I had done 5000 practices. The good thing is I had plenty of distractions at home, the most important of them being the making of the Project Runway outfit, and let me tell ya it was so much fun, and so much work. I am still amazed that we all managed to go to work on Monday because between the swimming and the sowing, there was no way I could even think at all Monday.

I wish I could make justice to what happened Sunday, lets just say that I have not laughed like that in years. The good news is both the Argentine and the Crafty one wrote their own accounts. Click on the pictures to read each version of the story.



No comments: