Monday, October 23, 2006

On the subject of man bags

I have a confession; I would love for the man bag to be back in vogue. I have tried to use a satchel – not just any satchel, but a Ben Sherman one – as a murse, but it is too big, and bulky. When I walk into a bar with it, I looks like I just came from school with all my supplies and that is just not chic. So I am in the market for a smaller bag, one where I can carry the following:

Keys

Cell phone

Wallet

Book,

Power bars

Gum

Change

It is not too much to ask is it ? Just a nice, small bag where I can carry all these things. It would alleviate my pockets, because nothing looks worse than a short guy with his pockets full of stuff. I mean I already avoid pleated pants like the plague, not sure who in their right mind would wear pleated pants anyway, but especially if you are short.

Why am I bringing this up, because I have nothing else to say, on the one hand, and an anonymous person left a comment on my previous post with a link to the following picture:



I will never look like a footballer, at all, specially one that is so “straight”. I can say that people that went to school with me were fooled for a while and that I take as a badge of honor, because fooling another queen for 1.5 years is quite the accomplishment. And on more randomness I am feeling better, I am still not completely well, but I am winning over this stupid cold. The only problem is that everyone I know has had this cold, or is in the process of having it, and so the likelihood of my falling sick again, is well great.

1 comment:

Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

some out there are fairly anti-man bags:

http://www.42below.com/flashad/hero/