Thursday, October 26, 2006

Reasons

Good posts like good men are hard to compose. I sometimes ask myself why I make myself write every day – ok, ok, as close as possible to every day as I can – and I still do not have any good answers. I am not using the blog as a soap box, been way to sensitive to even try and start. No one would ever shut me up otherwise. But yesterday came close to being the first time I wrote and entry that I thought was well done, honest, not terribly over done and jus right. So I have little to follow that up with. Reminds me of that post on failure the Scientist wrote about the “this I believe” entry on failure.

Like the writer of that essay, I know that only 1 out of 10 posts will be a decent read. I am not kidding myself, most of what goes on here is navel gazing. Little old me focusing on me and my little problems and nothing else, but it is fun and it is my mental exercise, in the middle of proposals and boring documents that have to be written for work. So there I guess that is my reason, also because I do hope to eventually do something more creative with my life and this seems like good training. Another good reason is that I can not afford therapy, and I can afford a half hour or so every day keeping track of my thoughts. Lastly it forces myself to do it, if I was pretending to be a nineteen century heroine and writing my little journal it would never work, besides what would I write for myself, to do lists? Sorry essays on how I am right the world is wrong? Or just accounts of my dry routine. Nah none of them would be challenging and I would stop doing them. This website works like a deadline, where I know that someone will come at some point during the day and if they see a new post they might read it, they might not, but they will not think, this lazy ass knitter has stopped knitting and blogging.

Those are my reasons to blog. My question to all the other bloggers out there is why do you blog ?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think to express as words some bad feelings and make think about the problems. To be clearer: to exorcise some demons.
Maybe it's the same as a therapy, in fact, lol.

Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

hmm...
1. to hear myself talk
2. b/c I enjoy the process or writing
3. def therapy
4. b/c I think maybe I might enlighten or amuse someone else

Healthy Living said...

i think your blog is the one place you don't have to worry about if what you are doing is any good or not. who gives a flying fuck if its a good read? you wrote it, its your fucking blog, and so you have that right and if anyone doesn't appreciate what you are trying to say, they can go to hell. hows that for some supportive cursing?