Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanks



This is the second thanksgiving for knitting, and so here is a list of the things that the knitter will be saying thanks for tomorrow:
  • Friends, amazing friends that do not happen over night. Friends who are there through thick and thin. Friends to laugh and cry with.
  • Family, they are far away but they are here and they embrace me and help me keep going.
  • Work, because even if I am tired and overwhelmed, it reminds me that I am somewhat useful and productive and I rather be busy than a member of the leisure class.
  • Swimming, because in the end joining a certain swim team is the best thing I have done so far in the last 7 years.
  • Coffee, not sure what I would be able to accomplish without it.
  • Struggles, because even if it makes little sense when we go through it, it reminds us we are alive and we have a purpose. It keeps is moving, forward, backward and sideways and the point is to never stop.
  • Brunch, it is the carrot at the end of weekend practices and the social binding that keeps my group of people together.
  • Internet, without it this blog and most of the things we do would not be possible.
  • Mornings, glorious mornings, when even if I have to drive 1 hr to work I get to drive through rolling hills and beautiful parks by a river.

Well I could go on and on, but then this would turn into one of those *gasp* entries that is better filled under corny and unreadable. I wanted to post, because even as I am busier than I have been in a long time, and I am crabby and depressed at times, I am still thankful and I still realize how lucky I am to have the life I do. I might play the jaded and bitter card like Judi Dench plays Queen Victoria, but that is just a character, a mask that protects me from disillusionment, a wall that protects my inner core. Inside, in my mind, I realize all I have done, and all I have yet to do. But for now, I am content. Tomorrow, I will make the roasted sweet potatoes and a cold corn salad, and go to dinner realizing that I am lucky.

PS. Work is hectic so read the scientist, he has time to post, I will not. But I promise to continue posting a little every week until I am done with this project.

2 comments:

Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

Aww, that was sweet. I'm thankful you are in my life! A whale always needs to be member of a pod :)

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Knitter.