Monday, November 27, 2006

back from a long weekend


I am sitting at my desk, a little overwhelmed with all the things that need to be taken care off plus all the work that needs to be done. But I just went to get lunch and get groceries – as usual it is better to go get things while at lunch than try and get into the city and do it before swimming or spinning.

Life is good, a bit quiet lately due to work mostly, but had a good weekend, saw movies, went out, socialized a little, you know the usual. It was low key and we had great weather so we could not complain. This week we are supposed to be in the 60’s so it is nice in D.C. now. There are some challenges as usual, but we will plow ahead with the same determination that we have had in the past and hopefully this last month before Xmas, aren’t y’all stressing about it already, less than a month before Xmas I repeat, 1 month. I have not done my shopping, the cards are not yet written – the recipients list has not been finalized in my mind, plus I have to get all my papers ready for the new visa and do the various things we all need to get ready before we go anywhere in December.

I have to wish a happy b’day to the soccer mom, out in the suburbs, her b’day was yesterday and we are celebrating tomorrow, so yay !!!

And in other news I have been giving an ultimatum to stop calling myself Minke next weekend. Not sure why, maybe I can start calling myself humpback or some other type of whale then.

2 comments:

Healthy Living said...

i have deleted my blog...but i will repost soon under another link. i'll keep you informed. it'll be about two weeks. and one word of advice for holiday shopping: online. its the only way. think amazon.com, target, sephora (they have mens things too, and nicely gift wrapped). and i have had excellent luck with nordstroms.com. do NOT go to a store.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Agree with budgie. Online it, baby!