Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Nigella on the NYT


Every Wednesday I read the Food Section of the Gray Lady, its one of my addictions I have to confess, This week there is an article on the fashions of the women who cook in TV shows, exploring the trend to sexier clothes, and how it all got started by my crush, Nigella Lawson – yes I adore her, I think she is fabulous, absolutely fabulous. For once she speaks English well, her vocabulary has more than 50 words, and her recipes are easy and look yummy, and they seem to be something anyone could do – the house in Belgravia helps – but it is mostly the way she speaks and the way she expresses herself that makes her irresistible to me. She is the only show I would watch religiously from the food network or any of the style channels, unfortunately it is never on when I am home. She might even turn me straight – insert laugh track. Here are a couple of quotes from the article:

“The only small parts of me are my waist and my wrists,” she said. “I’m pretty bosomy with a very small waist, and if I wear something that’s not tight on the waist, I look like Mama Cass.” What she wore in real life, an outfit she calls “home-based,” translated brilliantly to television.

“The camera on television can’t distinguish between empty fabric and full fabric, and if you wear empty fabric, it looks very bulky,” she added. “The three-quarter length sleeve is more flattering to the wrist, and I don’t want sleeves in my food. And if you wear sleeveless after a certain age, you shouldn’t be beating eggs.”

You have to lover her, after a certain age, you should not be beating eggs in sleeveless shirts …

1 comment:

Mr. Shain said...

major cyberboner for nigella lawson