Thursday, August 30, 2007

Parents in town


My parents are in town, the arrived last Saturday and they leave Labor Day, hence my absence. Been all over town, dropping them places, taking them to the metro or Union Station and introducing them around. Some quick notes:

-> The freaked out after the second dinner with the Argentine, I guess the theory is much easier than the practice, when it comes to dealing with a big gay son. They are fine now, and I am hoping by the end of the weekend, they will be perfectly adjusted to the fact that they have a fagot for a son.

-> DC is a good city for parents, lots to do, and lots do for free.

-> Philly is of no interest to my middle age Mexican parents, they liked Constitution Hall, but I am guessing not enough shopping for Mom.

-> On the topic of shopping,anyone needs to/wants to come with me to Ikea and the outlet malls this weekend?

I been "working from home", yes big quotations around it. It worked well this week since the parents are here. Otherwise I am not sure how people ever work from home, I am booooored.

OK, back to work ...

2 comments:

PennStateVR6 said...

There are those of us who actually work for a living, not just sit there shuffling e-mails in our inboxes, so working from home is just as active as being in the office.

Me thinks you just crave the social distraction of having people around. We all know you're an attention whore.

Smooch!

Anonymous said...

So it basically became your debut week! Congrats, you're part of gay society now.

I'm with you on "working" from home. Doesn't work for me. I just need a different setting, one where the refrigerator, TV, and bed aren't close at hand (in that order: first I eat, then watch TV, then take a nap!).

Sadly I have no time for shopping. But I'm looking forward to a fag-you-lush dinner on Sunday!