Thursday, August 23, 2007

This is all i get ???



After 6 months of staying 3 or 4 nights a week at a hotel, I decided to see how many points I have and what I could use them for. Yesterday I called the Hilton guest services program and realized I have 70,000 points. I thought well at least I can get a nice vacation out of this, 3 or 4 nights, or something. I call again because we are organizing a trip to NYC to see Spring Awakening, and I am trying to cash in my points and all I got as a certificate to you to pay for 2 nights a the Hampton Inn in Chelsea, but the kicker is this line I got in the email sent by Hilton:

Description: This certificate valid for two free nights at any Category 5 property.

What? Since when am I a category 5 anything … I guess points are meaningless in this time of traveling consulting and all that. I should have known when half the passengers in my flight to Charlotte in the morning have some sort of status. It is just the normal travelers that have no status.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A "Category 5" property? Does that mean one that's been through a Category 5 hurricane??