Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Changes ... yet again

NB. I wrote this post on Monday, but the internet connection at the hotel has been crappy and have not been able to post.

I am typing this as I ride the train to NYC, yes NYC, the city that never sleeps, they say that if you make it there you will make it any where. Enough with the tired clichés, I am a bit tired myself and on a train headed for a office I have never been and not sure what to expect. I know this is the life of the consultant, one day you are here next day you are not. What unsettles me the most is the fact that I was sent with three days notice, and barely anytime to properly plan anything, but oh well, we will approach this with a Mexican sensibility that allows me to try and operate under unplanned conditions.

Wish my luck, I love NY, I do, but I have always visited, never really lived there. I am sure that the hotel hopping alone will provide me with endless tails of horror to delight you or bore you, depending on the day. Yesterday while at dinner I made a promise to myself that I will enjoy it, it will only last a month, or so I have been told and this is an opportunity that does not come by often. Stay tuned cuz I have a feeling this will be a bumpy ride.

No comments: