Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Estrogen filled

This last weekend was full of it, it was Miss Adams Morgan. And as you know I do drag sometimes, so I had the dress, the belt, the handbag and everything, and Saturday, I ran around in the morning with the Rhody trying to get things at the last minute. After a quick nap not for me, but I showered and shaved, and had the Diplomat do my make up – which was flawless let me tell ya, flawless – we went off and got ready at the House of Drag, where the magic happens year after year.

The dress, the wig, the accessories all came together, and after 2 hours of primping, we went to the Hilton where we enjoyed a great night. As usual it is mostly about socializing and seeing and being seen than about the show or the contestants or what ever was happening on stage. I had a great time, Chantilly one of our leaders, gave a great show and was a hoot. Finally after 4 hours we decided to move to JR’s and then off to Annie’s for a traditional Miss Adams Morgan Bfast, at 1 am. It worked I was tired and so was the Argentine, so finally we left got the car and managed to get in bed at 3. I was weary and tired, and managed to fall asleep almost immediately.

Sunday, by accident mostly we saw “The Jane Austen’s Book Club”, a chick flick, about this 5 women and 1 man who read in 6 months all of Austen’s books, and in a clever plot twist, each book was reflected on what happened leading up to the meeting when the book club happened. The movie was fun, great one-liners and very cute, of course all the problems were resolved and in the end they all lived happily ever after. Which to me was its weakest point, I had assumed they would leave some conflicts unresolved or some hard situations they way they were, but even the Lesbian daughter shacks up with a doctor. I would give the movie a B, a solid B, it was entertaining and poignant, and it kinda makes me want to go read some of the other books I have not read from Austen, but at this rate with all the books I have I have not read, I am not sure that is going to happen. What to do after such a movie, we went to JR’s to say farewell to the Cowboy, who moved to Atlanta and was visiting. JR’s was uber packed, to the point where one could not move on inch. So I guess we got some testosterone too.

No comments: