Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Getting Ready


The “high heel” holidays are fast approaching my dear Fags, and non-fag readers. It is that time when one pilgrimages to Baltimore in search for couture and then goes back to DC to get a wig and the rest of the accessories that will mark this year’s October. Why? well because October is the month for the High Heel Race and Miss Adams Morgan. This year because MAM is this Saturday in October, but September was soo busy, we barely had time to get our outfits. Last Saturday we went to Baltimore, and got dresses. We were a party of 4, and I got the ugliest dress, I know, but it is a practical dress that fits and that will not require me to shave my legs, not for the pageant at least, later on the dress will be altered, but right now long is fine. The other three finds were spectacular, a purple and turquoise dream, a little black dress and a great red halter number ideal for a lounge chanteuse.

The first step had been taken, the dress is the basis of the whole outfit, it is the starting point and from there one builds both the rest of the look. The dress mandates the shoes, and the accessories and the wig. This year I will try a brunette wig, something that goes better with my coloring. I need a bag, to carry camera, wallet, cell phone, mini’s, keys and make up for touch ups. I am wearing long gloves to avoid shaving my arms. For us hairy men, it is all about minimizing the plucking, because trust me it takes time and it is painful. So once the dress was chosen I was lucky enough to find a pair of golden sandals that goes well with my multicolor dress (a wild pattern, in red, blue, yellow and green, lets just say no one is going to miss it) and a three stand pearl necklace, cuz I am a classy gal and I like my jewelry chunky.

The second step was shortening the dress, it was a bit long, and so I took 3 inches of the dress yesterday, and later on will turn it into a much shorter one, but that will be for the race. I need to get a belt or something to generate the illusion of a waist, that is today and tomorrow’s task.

Will keep u posted as the progress continues …

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alexis & I breathlessly await the results. If you're not up to snuff, dahling, we'll be forced to slap you!