Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A DC Metro Area Odyssey


View Larger Map

Yesterday I had to stay in the office until 6, which is late for me, no not because I am a bum but because I work far, far away some days of the week and the commute can be hell. So after my meetings I left the office at 6 and was trying to see how to get to the pool, practice starts at 7 on Tuesdays. Obviously I knew I was going to be late, but how late I had no idea. From what Google Maps tells us there are 40 miles between Ashburn and Takoma Park, and it took me 1 hour and 26 minutes to get from one door to the pool's parking lot. After this odyssey I ran to the lockers, changed and proceeded to get in the middle of practice. As a side note I will add that I hate when people come in late, they tend to disrupt the lane and they just get on my nerves, but knowing that if I went home I would feel bad for not working out, I drove and drove and drove and managed to get in and swim for 40 minutes or so. I was exhausted, and stuck in a lane that was a little too fast for me. After some time, the Architect asked me if I was leaving before practice finished, the answer was yes and we proceeded to change, talk about real state and go back home. All in all not a bad day, the Consummate Aries was a very good coach and the practice was quite challenging, I wish next time I have time to get there on time, warm up and at least attempt the full work out.

No comments: