Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Pushing Daisies survives to fight another season!


In the midst of all the bad news, the political infighting, and the rainy weather (at least in DC) today as I was reading a copy of the Express, I saw a piece of news that warmed my heart. What is it you ask? well, ABC has decided to pick up Pushing Daisies for a second season. Apparently after the writers strike, they are now trying to see hoe to save the rest of the season and looking forward to the fall, because that is where the action will be. This little notice, made me happy, because I do not know if anyone here watched Pushing Daisies, but it is one of the most imaginative, entertaining shows I have ever seen in TV. It is sooo good, it is almost unbelievable that such quality is allowed to go from written page, to TV Stage to TV sets all over the country. It is a gem. The stories are macabre and funny, touching but not overtly dramatic, it is like the best BBC writers, and the best producers at HBO got together and tried a completely new concept, blowing past anything we have seen in TV in a while.. The direction is terrific, the characters are endearing, and the art direction is out of this world.

So for all of you that have not seen it, it is time to tivo it, download it , or you start watching it. You are going to fall in love, I am warning you.

No comments: