Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back from Vegas


First things first, thanks to everyone who has donated. It meas a lot to me, and it will go to a really good cause. So far we have raised $600 dollars it is amazing. If you have not given, click on the link and go give:

http://www.firstgiving.com/pablofernandez

Last weekend I went to Vegas, the Argentine had a conference there Sunday through Tuesday and since he was in California the week before, we decided the best thing would be for him to fly to Vegas and for me to join him for the weekend. Dr. Wives Club, here I come ! I had never been to Vegas, so I was very excited. I had seen the documentaries and the movies, but I was not prepared for the real thing. The city is like a huge, I mean huge Cheesecake Factory, everything looks a little fake even if it is real as real as marble and crystal can be real in the middle of the desert.

We stayed at the Palazzo, the new resort just next to the Venetian. The hotel is, well indescribable, it cost 1.9 billion to build, and you can believe that, the rooms are palatial, the mall is very expensive, the restaurants are very good, and it makes its older sister (the Venetian) look a little tired and old. Its not just the fact that the Grand Canal shoppes are well, more reasonably priced and affordable than the ones at the Palazzo, its that after 10 years, it just looks a little old and dark, not bright and clean. I am not sure it is hard to describe.

The weekend was very good, we did not do much, but eat, lay by the pool and then eat again. We did see "O", the spectacular show from the Cirque du Soleil, it was amazing, the use of water as a stage made it incredible.

I did not fall in love with Vegas, but I have to say that even as a non gambler, I recommend going, at least once, so you can say you were there.

No comments: