Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Cleaning before the cleaning lady


I am a Latin princess, yes this will not come as a shock to any of you my dear readers, but sometimes this Latin princess has to clean and organize and those are the times he feels happier and content. Last night, I got home from a meeting at 5 ish and cleaned and cleaned, why? because the cleaning lady is coming today. It sounds moronic to clean before the cleaning lady I know, but because she only comes once every 3 weeks she doesn’t have time to sort things and put things away. Back home cleaning ladies have more time and hence they put stuff away and they do a bit more than here for a lot less, let me tell y’all. Regardless I organized, I did some laundry because Edith poor thing can not do all my laundry especially after 4 weeks or so, and I even cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes. I am such a good housekeeper some times I even impressed myself. After 2 hours of organizin’ the house looked good enough not to have a cleaning lady come, but then I noticed the floors and I thought, good thing Edith is coming.

But seriously, I could clean my apartment, I could. But who wants to spend 2 hours cleaning when one can have someone else do it? I sure do not. I do feel guilty, because there are a lot of other things I could be doing with the money. Lots of things can be bought such as therapy, a new wardrobe, kitchen appliances, books, yarn and all those wonderful things. Rest assured that today when I walk home at 9:30 pm or so, after a long day at work, then a workout and a b’day celebration I will walk in to a clean house and a made bed with clean sheets and I will think it is worth all the yarn and books I can not buy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though I'm atheist, I totally understand the phrase "cleanliness is next to godliness." As you write, the feeling of crawling into a freshly-made, clean-linen bed is heavenly. When someone else did the cleaning & making (not the norm in my household, but it sometimes happens), a slight element of pleasant surprise augments the luxury.
Certain Gay Canucks seem to think that I'm as big a princess as you are, dear Knitter. While I know that's not possible, this is one area in which we're close allies!