Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Get the …. Out of my class


Yesterday I went to the gym for Chisel, a class I enjoy because after 1 hour of doing lift-aerobics I feel like I have exercised for 3 hours instead of one, and it is one of the classes where my body feels the pain and I can not get used to the strain, so I feel it is good for me. Ok, you can call me a masochist, but if I feel something is good, well then I pursue it. In order to be there on time, I left work at 5:00 to be downtown at 5:45, class starts at 6:15 and that would give me time to park, change and even go to the shoe repair shop across the street from the gym and make it in time for class to set up the step and get the body bar ,weights, water and etc, etc. So I do that, I dropped a pair of brown boots to be resoled, (it came up to $50, but I love those boots and they are comfy and go well with slacks and jeans, so what was I to do?) dashed into the locker room, changed and got to the class. It was 6 pm, 15 minutes before class started and it was packed. I had to perch my step at the end of the classroom, by the windows and the boxing equipment. Then to make matters worse this little girl comes behind me and takes the spot right behind me and just smiles and excuses herself.

I am not new at this class, no I am not. Been doing it for 6 months now, I am the kind of pupil that knows what to do, how to lay the equipment out and is ready for the class to start while stretching (yes, I am stretching now, you know who you are) and yesterday’s class was annoying. These women all had their work bags, their purses, their workout bags, and they tried to come in late, and get a space somewhere. It was chaos, even the instructor was overwhelmed. But a minute before the class started things kind of quieted down and we were able to proceed, but even after the class started this woman walks in still dressed in office clothes and heels, and tried to get a spot. Agghh, I thought of leaving the class, but I thought, I have to stay and finish, it is my only exercise of the day and just struggled through. After and hour of huffing and puffing we are all tired, trying to do the last lunges and 5 minutes before the class finished, all these girls start to pack up and leave. They did not even had the courtesy to wait for everyone to finish, they ran, and started putting things away as we were trying to finish, and giggled their way out of the classroom.

So I ask myself don’t they know of the existence of locker rooms, where multiple bags can be locked? Do they know of the basic gym etiquette? apparently not. This is the first time I have been to the gym this year, it is crazy, everyone (the regulars) all complained, and it is to be expected, its all the new year’s resolutions, but let me give all you new year’s resolution crowd some advice, before you fork down 80 bucks and month for Results, think about it, you are seriously upsetting my January routine.

And, no I am not a woman hater, but people, things need to stop somewhere, or the gym will have to ask for sign up lists for most classes and assigning steps, in the same way they assign bikes for spinning.

End of rant…

4 comments:

Eternally Recovering said...

Chisel. Such a fantastic name for a workout! Miss you, my lil friend!

Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

I love the fact that you used the word slacks :)

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Just ride it out. They'll be gone in about another 2 weeks...

Anonymous said...

I tried to enroll in Chisel, but for some reason was turned away when I showed up with a beautiful slab of Carrara marble and a pick-axe. Screw them.