Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Missed Opportunities


A Saturday night three weeks ago, I am in JR’s listening to show tunes with the Diplomat and the Cowboy. We were there enjoying what was to be the last show tunes with the Cowboy for a while at least and an architect, no lets not confuse with the Architects, another architect came up and talked to me. He is kinda sorta my type and we talked for a while and even my chaperons agreed that he seemed interest. This came as no surprise; I knew this person from before and even if your circles of friends are somewhat close, he has never been someone I even knew by first name, but I had talked to him on several occasions and I always thought, ummm he interesting.

This particular Saturday we were on a tight schedule, because there was a farewell and party and at 8, as soon as the last show tune played we promptly left the bar to go help the Cowboy set up and all that. As I left I talked to him and said that I wanted his number and that next time he saw me he should give it to me. He demurred, and I have him a quick kiss as I left the bar. Of course that was a great ego boost, and I proceeded to have a very good time at the farewell party.

I did not think much of my promise to get his number and my lack of balls to ask it and get it that Saturday because I see him at show tunes on pretty regular basis, so the next Monday was the Golden Globes and we skipped JR’s in lieu of a viewing of the award show. I again thought well I will see this guy next weekend or next Monday, the Diplomat and I usually go to JR’s after Monday’s practice. In an ideal world I would see him the Monday after, but guess what, he does not show. Then to add insult to injury he does not show there last night at all. Of course the diplomat informs me that his best friend moved to NY and of course now I am left there in the cold, with no number and no way of even knowing where this architect is.

Lesson is, dear readers, ask for the number. Do not wait !

That being said this is DC, so hopefully I will see him around, maybe, maybe not, I guess this time its all on the fates hands.

4 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

As you say, it is DC so OF COURSE you will see him again - the city is waay to small not to.

Who is that photo of?

wonks said...

I know who that pictures is of...

Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

The funny thing is I know he has an amazing body, but from this angle, he looks a little love-handelish. Terrible, eh?

Anonymous said...

The Husband and I are always pleased to act as enablers for our single friends. In this case, if indeed he is an architect, we might be of particular assistance (background checks, topics of conversation, etc). We're at your service 24/7--don't hesitate to call!