Monday, August 06, 2007

Funny how


-> Even at 5:00 am it is hot and humid in Washington, while it storms.

-> Even if you are the only person in your team that flies in on Monday and then drives 1.5 hours, you are still the first person in the office at 8:45

-> Even if you packed the afternoon before, you forget the charger for the work laptop and realize it when you are setting up shop. Now I am afraid what else I forgot, hopefully not socks again.

-> The security line gets longer and longer every Monday, I am assuming it is summer and now there are more than just business travelers, but at 5 am on a week day?

-> Fifty percent of the passengers on my flight have preferred status.

-> In a city with hundreds if not thousands of cabbies, today I got picked for the third time by the same Armenian one.

-> In a city with a zone system I get charged a different amount for the exact same journey from home to the airport and airport to home each week. I am sure the people in accounting are wandering how the tariff fluctuates.

2 comments:

Healthy Living said...

I hate the stupid zone thing in dc. it is a big rip off. and i never, ever "share a cab" with friends. the cabbies charge you a total zone for everyone, so you can spend $80-$100 bucks if your friend jumps out early (and if its my friends, they drunkenly hand you five bucks to "cover" which really also, pisses me off). i would love dc to go "meter".

Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

to be fair, the airports aren't in DC, so the zone system does not count.