Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Isn’t exercise supposed to give energy?


I have always heard the exercise, supposedly gives you energy. I am sorry to burst all y’all’s bubbles, because it does not. I know I am in no shape or form, but this past week and half I have been trying to get back into the swing of things. Slowly bur surely I assumed I would benefit from daily exercise to jump start my metabolism, and my energy levels.

In order to achieve this, I:

• Swam Saturday (and struggled, but I finished the practice)
• Skipped Sunday (have learned that I need one day off)
• Did spinning Monday
• Swam Tuesday (yesterday)

Last night, I saw a show on the Dover Intelligent Design Case on PBS (where else?) and then read for 30 minutes, and feel asleep promptly at 10:45 or so. Slept like a rock, and when the radio started playing at 6:30 am, I could not leave the bed. It was not the cold (it is not that cold yet) I was simply exhausted.

Oh well, what is a modern day homosexual to do, I will go to the gym today, so that I have time to do some laundry and more Christmas cards this evening before Project Runway.

1 comment:

wonks said...

I only count 3 days of exercise there!

My coach used to say that if you miss a day of swim practice, it takes two days (or double) to get back to where you were.

However, I think that stops being relevant after a few MONTHS of inactivity. ;0)

Give it at least a few weeks. And don't you like this painful getting-back-into-shape-time? The pain is SO good...