Thursday, November 15, 2007

The let down


Last night Project Runway debuted, and as much as I love the show, and I am a huge fan do not take me wrong, I can not help but report that I am a little disappointed. As usual the gaggle of gays came together to watch, and because it was such a fun group of people, even if we had watched the evening news, I would have had a good time. The show was good, it did not change from the tried and true formula, which is a good thing. They kept all the original judges and Tim, who are the core of the show. So far so good right, everything seems good, the same product placements the same exact editing and style to the show.

My big problem is with the contestants. There is no one that really impresses me or makes me want to root for them. Not one. We all know one of the contestants (someone much better than others) but he is most definitely not someone I would consider a favorite. The women on the show are all very drab and grunge for my taste, and the men are at least all out of the closet (yes even the straight one, is out of the straight closet, and made a point of saying so) and they are also a bit too emo for me. The one exception is the Costume Designer, who I am betting will go far, he might not win, because he is a little to showy and not fashion enough, but he has solid talent.

Anyhow, I am also guessing that as the weaker contestants get booted, the show will get more interesting and I will be able to pick up some favorites.

No comments: