Thursday, January 31, 2008

Knitting again


Ok, so last week I forgot to blog about my new knitting class. Yes I know, see the word Knitting on the title this blog is more than just something witty I came up with. I do knit, I am a very bad knitter, and because of my ADD tend to jump from one unfinished project to the next, but this year as my TV habits have changed I have decided to give knitting another try. It is soothing, but it is hard work and it requires concentration, something I am not very good at. Anyway, so I picked up some old projects mostly a big read scarf, that was coming along until I accidentally broke a needle. But even before said incident, I had enrolled in a knitting class, i felt that I had teach myself as much as I could on my own and that it was time to go to a professional. So for once sticking to my goals, i signed up for a sock knitting class, and started last week, so far I have only knitted a partial toe, but I am getting there, today there should be more progress and then next class we are supposed to learn how to finish the sock. On the one hand I am very excited, but on the other I am terrified, it was much harder than I thought, and the other students tend to be better than I am. Ohh well one of my consolations is that I dragged the Crafty one (who has a blog, it is linked in the dahlings section) and she is coming to the class with me.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I swear we are going to finish our socks - one way or another!! (Now will they look like socks? That's another issue...)