Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The $1 coffee cup


Starbucks is taking over the world, well not anymore, but apparently they are testing a $1 coffee cup. It is their response to all the competion from Dunkin, and McDonalds and all the other fast food chains. To me it is an interesting concept, specially because I did stop at Starbucks and got myself some coffee this morning. The refil part is the one that is particulary intersting, is it really economically feasable, what will the do in places like downtown DC or downtown anywhere in the US where there are you can find a Starbucks place every 4 or 5 blocks (or like the corner of 17th St and K St, in DC, where there are 3)

This is the story (thanks Slashfood)

2 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I forgot about those 3 Starbucks at 17th and K. Plus there's another one just a block up.

I think this $1 cup is smart. Not so sure about the refill idea though.

zero_b said...

New blog look, me likey!

I've been stopping at starbucks in Paris every once in a while. You just don't find anything like it so easily cos French cafe is so strong and masculine... Starbux is comforting to me. But it costs four freaking euros!!!

Aaaaanyway, I'm worth it :)

Bisou! xoxox